The events and tours for the 2023 ASEE SE Southeastern Section conference are under construction.
Several tours are available prior to, during, and immediately after the conference.
Event and Tour Schedule
|Charleston Harbor Tour||Sunday, March 13th||1:30 – 3:00 PM||$41|
Charleston Harbor Tour
Climb aboard the Carolina Belle to enjoy the beauty of the Charleston Harbor and learn the rich history of the Holy City. During the scenic and relaxing 90 minute tour, you will see over 75 landmarks and points of interest! Your professional USCG licensed captain will narrate history, sights, and facts about the Charleston Harbor as you pass locations critical to the history of the United State. To register,
- Navigate to Charleston Tours and Events (https://charlestonharbortours.com/tours-cruises/#historical-tours).
- Select Charleston Harbor Tour
- Select Date: Sunday, March 13th
- Select Time: 1:30 PM
- Transportation: To arrange transportation to the tour departure site, please contact Pooya Niksiar at email@example.com and notify him of your registration.
The cost of the tour is approximately $41/person.
Clemson University Restoration Institute
The Clemson University Restoration Institute (CURI) was established in 2004, in North Charleston, as a means for driving economic growth, innovation, and workforce development in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. At any given time on the CURI campus, teams can be found working on a diverse range of projects including historic preservation, restoration ecology, advanced materials research, digital production arts and filmmaking, marine conservation, and electric grid testing – just to name a few.
Walking tours of the Clemson University Restoration Institute are available to small groups of 10-12. The tour will take place Tuesday, March 15th, from 2:00 – 4:00 PM. The tours will take approximately 45 minutes and will visit the following sites:
- Dominion Energy Innovation Center (Turbine Testing and e-GRID),
- Warren Lasch Conservation Center (Materials Analysis and HL Hunley Submarine Working Site)
- Zucker Family Graduate Education Center (Collaboration Spaces and Graduate Programs)