The 2023 ASEE Southeastern Section Conference will be hosted by the College of Engineering and Computing at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA, from March 12th-14th, 2023. The conference will feature workshops, roundtables, formal technical sessions, a student poster competition, and an awards banquet.
Educating the Inclusive Engineer: Diverse, Innovative, Accountable
The ASEE Southeastern Section Conference is open to everyone interested in improving the engineering education and technology experience. Participants include faculty, students, department chairpersons, college deans, and industry leaders in engineering, engineering technology, and computing education. The conference is an excellent opportunity to interact and reflect with colleagues over a myriad of engineering education issues and topics, as well as chart new directions and collaborations.
Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit full-length manuscripts for presentation at the conference and inclusion in its proceedings. Papers addressing the conference theme will have priority and may include topics related to the following:
- Changing the Face of Engineering
- First Year Engineering Programs
- Cross-Discipline Practices
- Online, Distance, and Blended Approaches
- Technologies for Efficient Learning
- K-12 Outreach Programs
- Learning Communities
- Innovative and Theoretical Concepts Exploring
- Culturally Competent Curriculum Development
- Peace Engineering
- Experiential Learning
- ABET Accreditation Projects
- Recruitment and Retention
- Industry Partnerships
- Engineering Common Cores
- Capstone Design Courses or Projects
- Ethics and Professional Development
- Counternarratives in Engineering Education
- AI, Social Justice, and Public Policy
- Next G Technology
Final papers will be accepted based on the peer review of abstracts and draft submissions. Authors must present their papers at the conference to facilitate knowledge transfer through discussion and debate. Only those accepted papers presented by a timely registered author will be included in the conference proceedings.
For more information about abstract and paper submissions, workshops, and student posters, click the relevant button below.