One of the goals of ASEE is to advance the development of innovative approaches and solutions to engineering education. So, papers submitted to the conference should have a clear focus on engineering education or pedagogy. The ASEE Southeastern Section Annual Conference is not an appropriate forum for technical research. Papers focusing on technical research rather than engineering education or pedagogy are better suited for other discipline-specific conferences. However, undergraduate students may present their technical research as a poster at the Student Poster Competition.
Paper Formatting Guidelines
The Conference Planning Committee requests that Full-Length papers be between 6 and 10 pages and Work-in-Progress papers be between 3 and 4 pages, exclusive of references and biographical information.
Paper Format Guidelines
Effective Fall 2023, authors are expected to follow the paper format guidelines specified by ASEE for the Annual Conference and Exposition. A reduced version of ASEE’s Author’s Kit, with draft and final paper format guidelines, can be downloaded using the button below.
Blinded Manuscripts for Peer-Review
The Southeastern Section of ASEE has adopted a double-blind peer-review process. When blinding your manuscript, please make sure to utilize the following checklist available on Elsevier:
- Remove any identifying information, including author names, from file names and ensure document properties are also anonymized.
- Use the third person to refer to work the Authors have previously undertaken, e.g., replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “… has been shown before1”.
- Make sure figures do not contain any affiliation-related identifier
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references, but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- For blinding in the reference list: ‘Anonymous, Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’
- Remove references to funding sources
- Do not include acknowledgments
- Do not include author biographies
Final Paper Submission
Final papers should be submitted as a PDF file to the Conference Paper Management website.