The Engineering Education Transformations Institute (EETI) at the University of Georgia
Deadline: November 15, 2023
The Engineering Education Transformations Institute at the University of Georgia is currently seeking applications for Open Rank Faculty positions for Fall 2024. Applications received by November 15th will receive full consideration, and we hope you will apply. Questions related to the position may be directed to EETI Director Julie P. Martin (Julie.Martin@uga.edu).
Some reasons you should apply (direct from Dr. Julie Martin’s LinkedIn Post):
· UGA’s Dual Career Assistance Program (DCAP) office provides dedicated assistance for spouses and partners of recently hired University of Georgia faculty and staff. Types of assistance include services for spouses or partners seeking staff, administrative, or professional opportunities within Athens and the surrounding areas.
· We have a university-wide Active Learning Initiative and the director Leah Carmichael is a good friend of EETI and is doing great things across campus.
· The VP for Student Affairs understands the research on student engagement has an initiative whereby faculty can seek funds to host out-of-class social gatherings for their students (up to $700 per gathering!).
· There is an active DBER community across campus and we regularly network with each other. In fact, the SEER Center (Scientists Engaged in Educational Research) is hosting a speed networking event this week. The biological sciences education group and physics education group are particularly strong and along with faculty in the Mary Frances Early College of Education, they are eager to collaborate with us. About 20 faculty, grad students, and postdocs from biology ed showed up to meet me during my interview!
·The people in the College of Engineering are fantastic, and the chairs of the 4 Schools are very supportive of engineering education. They respect us for our expertise and look to us to collaborate. Dean Don Leo has made significant investments in EETI through our operating budget, faculty and staff lines, my leadership startup package, plus our amazing and light-filled collaborative space in the newly remodeled Driftmier Engineering Center.
· While EETI faculty hold their tenure and teach in one of the Schools, we are co-located on the 2nd floor of Driftmier where we also have lab space, meeting rooms and a common graduate student office. EETI also has prime space right as you walk in the door of the building on the first floor, which was done on purpose to give us visibility to visitors.
·The dean is extremely committed to DEI.
·Dr. Martin has experienced great staff support for grants, HR, etc., and is hiring an administrative assistant for EETI to start in January.