NETI-1, Course Design and Student Engagement, will be offered January 3-5, 2024, at the University of San Diego. Drs. Susan Lord, Matt Ohland, and Michael Prince will lead the long-standing foundational NETI-1 workshop, which has been offered since 1991. Previous NETI programs have reached over 2900 participants from more than 365 different schools. Our past participant evaluations have been overwhelmingly positive. The workshop features material for relatively new faculty members and other material designed to equip experienced faculty members to become teaching leaders and mentors on their campuses. Participants will include up to 60 faculty members from all branches of engineering, engineering technology, and other STEM areas. The registration fee is $1275 per participant, which covers organization and presentation costs, participant notebooks, lunches, and breaks. Participants also receive a copy of Felder & Brent’s Teaching and Learning STEM: A Practical Guide and the option of touring the Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering. There is a discount for bringing larger teams from the same institution. Travel expenses, including breakfasts and dinners, are not included. Further details about the workshop program and a link to register can be found at https://www.neti-workshop.org/event/neti-1-course-design-and-student-engagement-1-2024/.
- EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: National Effective Teaching Institute November 15, 2023
- Recruiting Graduate Students to Develop Sociotechnical Modules for the Introduction to Circuits Course November 15, 2023
- Inaugural Director, First Year Engineering Programs, Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science at The University of Texas at Dallas November 15, 2023
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity at MDRU and BRIMM at the University of British Columbia November 15, 2023
- Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Engineering at Carthage College November 15, 2023