The CoNECD (Collaborative Network for Engineering and Computing Diversity) Conference Planning Committee invites nominations for 2 awards that recognize individuals, groups and organizations for their commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in engineering and computer science. These awards will be given out at the 2022 CoNECD conference in February.
Information about both awards is given below. To nominate a program or individual, please visit https://forms.gle/uQgveRcXBYd6jgt7A. (self-nominations are permitted)
Program of the Year Award:
This award honors the development and/or implementation of a service activity that has significantly enhanced the participation of students from diverse populations that are historically underserved in engineering and computing, while enriching the students’ learning experience in engineering and computer science.
The Program of the Year Award recipient will be chosen on the following criteria:
- Program impact
- Participant satisfaction
- Evidence of using evaluation data to improve the program
Rising Star in Diversity Award:
The Rising Star in Diversity award recognizes an individual in their profession for less than 10 years who has actively worked to enhance diversity and inclusion by mentoring, supporting and/or advocating for the success of historically underserved individuals in engineering or computer science, or for climate and culture change that supports such success.
The Rising Star in Diversity Award recipient will be chosen on the following criteria:
- Fostering community to promote networks that provide professional support for students from diverse populations that are historically underserved in engineering and computer science
- Mentoring or leadership development
- Recruiting, retaining, or advancing underserved individuals in engineering and/or computer science
- Engaging in professional development opportunities focused on diversity and inclusion
- Promoting awareness of issues affecting underserved individuals
Deadline: January 3, 2022