ENGINEERING EDUCATION STANDARDS
ASEE and Advancing Excellence in P-12 Engineering Education (AE3) proudly present a Framework for P-12 Engineering Learning. This free resource provides a vision & rationale for P-12 engineering learning, recommends teaching content for the study of engineering and engineering literacy, shines attention on diversity, equity, & inclusion in engineering learning, lesson examples, lesson plan template, and more.
ENGINEERING TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
Have you seen the Standards for the Preparation and Professional Development of Teachers of Engineering and their accompanying matrix? You can read the J-PEER paper that supports this work as well. If you’re working in the P12 engineering teacher professional development space, then you need to check these tools out! They will help you to formatively assess and improve your own PD, and help you better describe your PD to others.
Any individual or organization seeking ASEE’s formal endorsement of a P12 Engineering Professional Development Workshop for educators should view EPTDE’s website here.
ADDITIONAL ENGINEERING EDUCATION RESOURCES
- ASEE recently co-authored a FREE peer-reviewed eBook on safety considerations for P12 engineering instruction and engineering labs. A panel from ASEE served as peer-reviewers for this resource. (https://www.iteea.org/SafetyReport.aspx). This is an excellent resource P12 educators, teacher educators working with P12 teachers, and higher education institutes to limit their liability and help advocate for the resources needed to provide safer engineering instruction in accordance with federal and state safety standards (ex. OSHA, NFPA, etc.). No cost, full resource is free to download.
- National Academy of Engineering – Building Capacity for Teaching Engineering in K-12 Education [view paper]
- STEM Leadership Alliance Webinar – Click here to watch a webinar on free resources that will infuse engineering into P12 classrooms.
SHARE YOUR P12 ENGINEERING EDUCATION OUTREACH EFFORTS
CONNECT WITH OTHER ENGINEERING EDUCATORS & P12 CLASSROOMS
- Join our P12 Engineering Teachers and Parents Facebook group!
- Are you a specialist in P12 engineering education? Be sure to sign up for ASEE’s Specialist Program here.
- Would you like to partner with ASEE in the P12 space? Send us your proposal.
- Get involved in the Commission on P12 Engineering Education.
- Share the ASEE Pre-College Division’s Implement Engineering Grant opportunity with your networks.