- Read glowing testimonials from members about their experiences in ELD.
- ELD Members Support
- ELD Membership Directory
- Join Today at ASEE – Choose Engineering Libraries Division
Benefits of Membership
- Membership in ELD entitles you to receive the quarterly issues of the ELD newsletter, issues of ASEE’s monthly journal Prism and its quarterly Journal of Engineering Education, subscription to the Division’s members-only discussion list (ELD-L), and a copy of the ELD Membership Directory which lists the 200+ members of the Engineering Libraries Division, most of whom are academic engineering librarians.
- Membership qualifies you for discounted registration fees for ASEE conferences.
- Membership provides you with the opportunity to serve on various ELD and Society committees, help plan programs of interest to engineering librarians, author one of the Division’s literature guides, and publish in the Society’s refereed conference proceedings.
- The conferences, the Division’s quarterly newsletter, the Division’s email discussion lists and the Division’s activities provide a forum for networking with other academic engineering librarians worldwide and for liaison with entities involved in the development of information products.
- The conferences are also an excellent opportunity to interact with engineering faculty and to learn about major issues and trends in engineering education while representing your institution and the library profession.
How to Join
ELD is a Division of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). Individuals must be members of ASEE in order to also join ELD.
ELD dues ($5) should be paid via the ASEE Membership Form at the ASEE’s web site. Non-members who want to attend the ASEE Conference should join ASEE and ELD before registering for the conference. This will ensure the member rate for registration without any confusion of membership status. It is strongly recommended that membership application be processed by ASEE at least 2 months before conference registration opens so that you can take advantage of early bird registration rates, which offer significant savings.
If you have any questions about joining ELD, please contact: Dave Schmitt, Membership Committee Chair at email@example.com.