The ECE Division actively participates in the ASEE Annual Conference with a call for abstracts and manuscripts for technical and poster sessions, workshops and panels.
2023 ASEE Annual Conference in Baltimore, MD, USA, June 25-28, 2023
ECE Division Call for Papers
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Division (ECE) invites the submission of both full papers and Work-in-Progress papers for the 2023 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition to be held in Baltimore, MD, USA, June 25-28, 2023. Acceptable topics include ECE educational research, classroom practice, innovative curriculum design and laboratory development, or any other appropriate ECE related engineering education topic. We encourage you to share your experiences and ideas in such related topics including, but not limited to:
- Student recruitment, retention, and outreach;
- New teaching and learning strategies (active learning, blended learning, flipped classrooms, online labs, technologies);
- Novel approaches and methods for addressing ABET accreditation criteria;
- Course and curriculum design, improvement, and assessment;
- Laboratory development and innovation;
- Capstone/senior design and project-based curriculum;
- ECE for non-engineers and K-12 students;
- Current ECE issues and integration into the curriculum (Alternative Energy, AI/ML, Grand Challenges, Industry 4.0, etc.);
- Creative uses of technology in the ECE classroom (AI, big data, IoT, ML, real-time analytics, etc.);
- Current topics such as smart cities, smart grids, wireless sensor networks, ubiquitous computing, vehicular networks, etc;
- Equity, diversity and inclusion awareness in the ECE classroom and in classroom techniques;
- Undergraduate research and the integration of research and education (Research Experiences for Undergraduates and Research Experience for Teachers);
- Professional Development (Mentoring of ECE graduate students; Preparation of future ECE faculty members; ECE faculty career and professional development);
- Other topics as it pertains to ECE
- Transfer pathways from community colleges & international universities;
- Workforce development models;
- Micro-credentials & Stackable Credentials;
- Industry-University Cooperative Research;
- Globalization of engineering education;
- Service-learning projects.
Abstracts must include the following information.
- plan of submission for full paper,
- a description of any assessment methods used to evaluate the effectiveness of the contribution,
- a statement of results, and
- topic (from the list above) that your submission will address.
Work-in-Progress submissions must include “WIP” or “Work-in-Progress” wording before the paper’s main title. All accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings.
The full paper must contain a clear description of the objectives, motivation for the contribution to ECE education, research question, relevant background including literature review, any assessment or survey results pertaining to student learning outcomes, and a statement of results.
The review process is double-blind, names of authors and institutions MUST NOT appear anywhere in the abstract and draft contents of the paper. Abstracts/papers that are not anonymized will be rejected without review. At the end of the abstract, indicate your preference for a regular or poster session presentation. Abstracts must be submitted through the ASEE website at https://www.asee.org/public/conferences/293/papers by the paper abstract deadline. The abstract submission will open in October 2022.
Mode of Presentation:
- All Works-in-progress (WIP) papers will be assigned to the division Poster Session.
- All other regular papers will be assigned to the division technical session and will be required to make an Oral Presentation.
Important dates and deadlines:
Abstract submission opens: October 01, 2022
Abstract submission closes: October 31, 2022
Abstract Accept or Reject Notification: November 21, 2022
Draft Paper Submission: January 31, 2023
Draft Decision: February 28, 2023
Anonymous Paper with applicable requested revisions: March 21, 2023
ECE Division Call for Workshops and Special Sessions
The ECE Division also invites proposals for workshops and special sessions. The proposals applications should include the following information.
- Author/speaker information including full name, email addresses, and institution affiliation
- Objective of the workshop
- Primary topic (choose one):
- Secondary topic (choose one):
- Will the event be ticketed? What will be the ticket price?
- Provide a billing address for any expenses that might be incurred (food, services, room technology etc.)
Tutorial Workshops – Presenters are encouraged to supplement workshop fees with grants and subsidies. The Program Chair reserves the right to cancel any accepted workshop that is likely to incur financial losses.
Special Sessions – Non-traditional format sessions such as panel discussions.
Proposals or intent to present for special sessions and workshops must be e-mailed to the ECE Division Program Chair, Kumar Yelamarthi at email@example.com by the paper abstract deadline Oct 31, 2022.
Important dates and deadlines:
Proposal or intent to present deadline: Oct 31, 2022
The ECE Division Call for Papers can be found at the ASEE conference website under the “Annual Conference” menu link:
Details for submission can be found in the conference author’s kit at https://www.asee.org/events/conferences-and-meetings/2023-annual-conference
We look forward to receiving your contributions for peer review and hope to see you next summer in Baltimore, MD.
Kumar Yelamarthi, Ph.D., P.E
ASEE ECE Division Program Chair
Associate Dean, College of Engineering
Tennessee Tech University
Future Annual Conference & Exposition
2024 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition
June 23-26, 2024
2025 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition
June 22-25, 2025
2026 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition
Charlotte, North Carolina
June 21-24, 2026
2027 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
June 20-23, 2027
2028 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition
June 11-14, 2028