Faculty development—the continuing education of educators—plays a key role in fostering a strong community of engineering educators and translating engineering education research into practice. This constituent committee is devoted to advancing the practice and scholarship of faculty development, as well as advancing the various professions who formally or informally support engineering educators’ growth.
Our goals are to…
- Further faculty development community discussion and plans toward addressing the community’s emergent interests;
- Share knowledge about faculty development programs and our professions as faculty developers;
- Generate ideas for collaborations in meeting challenges, interests, and goals;
- Lay a foundation for increased engagement and advancement as a community of practice and scholarship; and
- Aid in the research-to-practice cycle through faculty development.