- Providing a forum for promoting programs, curricula and activities aimed at enhancing the preparation of engineering students and faculty to operate in a global engineering economy. Central in this activity is provision of paper sessions dedicated to the study and advancement of international engineering pedagogy at ASEE’s conferences.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information related to best practices in global engineering education, and relevant development and events related to this topic. To publish a regular newsletter highlighting key events and sharing related information.
- To recognize and encourage excellence and leadership in global engineering education.
Registration opens Jan 6, 2020 for ASEE 2020 Annual Conference
Montreal Convention Center, June 21-24 (Conference Overview).
Apply by January 26 for April 22-23 workshop, Crystal City, VA:
Broaden Participation in Engineering by Creating Cultures of Inclusion
Call for Participation
Applications are available at: https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_enUt443WENgMh93.
Please direct questions to Beth Holloway at email@example.com.
The planning committee for the NSF sponsored workshop to “Broaden Participation in Engineering by Creating Cultures of Inclusion” (EEC – 1946840) invites applications for participants who will come together to 1) create an inventory of research-based promising practices that promote inclusivity and 2) design a future research agenda around creating cultures of inclusion that will inform and enhance fundamental understandings of what cultures of inclusion look like and how to achieve them.
Both researchers and practitioners with interests in broadening participation in engineering and creating inclusive cultures in engineering are encouraged to apply.
The workshop will start on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 2 pm at the conclusion of the CoNECD conference in Crystal City, VA, and conclude at 2 pm Thursday, April 23, 2020. There will be some pre- and post-workshop activity, but the intent is that the majority of the work will be done at the workshop.
Applications are due Sunday, January 26th, 2020. Participants will be selected by the planning committee and be notified no later than February 21, 2020 with additional details. A travel stipend of $500 will be offered to each selected participant.
In addition to brief background information, the application will ask for:
- A brief statement (250 words or less) on how the applicant’s participation has the potential to advance our efforts to elucidate a set of research-based promising practices that promote inclusivity.
- A brief statement (250 words or less) on how the applicant’s participation can contribute to designing a research agenda around creating cultures of inclusion that will inform and enhance fundamental understandings of what cultures of inclusion look like and how to achieve them.
- A 2 page version of the applicant’s biosketch or resume.
Beth M. Holloway, Purdue University (PI)
LaVerne Bitsie-Baldwin, Kansas State University
Andrea M. Ogilvie, Texas A&M University
Teri Reed, University of Cincinnati
Stephen Secules, Florida International University
Bevlee Watford, Virginia Tech
Darryl Williams, The Franklin Institute
Journal of International Engineering Education seeks Assistant Editors
Brent Jesiek, associate professor at Purdue University, has announced the formal launch of the Journal of International Engineering Education (JIEE), formerly the Online Journal for Global Engineering Education (OJGEE), available at: http://digitalcommons.uri.edu/jiee/
JIEE is a unique peer-reviewed resource for academic, corporate, non-profit, and other constituencies involved in creating, maintaining, growing, and studying international engineering education programs. Our first issue (vol. 1, no. 1) is now available online, and we are actively seeking submissions in three categories: perspective, research, and practice. To submit a paper, see: https://digitalcommons.uri.edu/cgi/submit.cgi?context=jiee
Brent, who is co-editor, seeks to fill multiple assistant editor positions to help review and prepare manuscripts.” For more information about this service opportunity, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.