ENERGY CONVERSION AND CONSERVATION DIVISION
The Energy Conversion and Conservation Division (ECCD) provides opportunities for engineers and educators interested and involved in energy conversion and conservation to exchange information, share views and respond to specific issues and problems relative to energy. Sponsoring technical sessions at the Annual Conference and recognition of individual accomplishments are a significant part of the division's work.
The objectives of this unit are identical with the objectives of the Society as set out in the ASEE Constitution, with an emphasis on those objectives that pertain to coordinating and promoting the understanding of energy conversion and conservation through engineering education. The Division also serves as a liaison with various technical organizations involved in energy conversion and energy conservation. The Division should consider its domain to include:
- Energy conversion applications and methods
- Energy management, efficiency, and conservation principles and practices
- Electric power generation and delivery
- Non-conventional augmentation of power production
- Renewable energy resources including solar, wind, hydro, etc.
- Climate control and thermal environmental engineering
- Energy resources and environmental issues