The Architectural Engineering (AE) Division seeks presentations and invites submission of abstracts for the 2023 ASEE Annual Conference in Baltimore, Maryland June 25-28, 2023.
Abstract Submission opens October 2022.
Abstracts from academia and industry related to the teaching of architectural engineering, engineering technology, and building science are highly encouraged.
The AE Division encompasses Construction, MEP, and Structural disciplines.
The AE Division of ASEE has a Publish-to-Present requirement, and both abstract and paper submissions are subject to a blind peer review process.
Papers without a clear link to education and academics will not be accepted.
While papers submitted are often descriptive, we value research based on quantitative/qualitative methodologies related to architectural/engineering education.
- Topics that emphasize diversity and inclusiveness in architecture/architectural engineering education are highly encouraged.
- There is an option to submit papers describing ‘work in progress’ – these are research/design projects not yet complete in their data and conclusions while substantive in content. If submitting a paper of this nature, it must be noted in the title and/or abstract as a ‘work in progress’ to be considered for this category. (Note: These papers may be accepted for posters based on number of accepted papers.)
- Topics of interest might include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- Diversity in the Architectural Engineering Professions
- Attrition and Recruitment of Architectural Engineering Students
- Engineering Education in Construction, MEP/HVAC and Structures
- Sustainability and/or Integrating LEED content/certification into learning outcomes
- Interiors in Architecture and Architectural Engineering coursework
- Instructional Strategies for B.I.M., Digital Design and Design Visualization
- Assessment of architectural/engineering courses, programs, instructional methods
- Innovative new courses or teaching methods
- Cooperative efforts between education and industry
- Integrating research and design
- Co-ops and Internships
- Capstone Design Projects
The division will be hosting a diversity panel at the 2023 conference.
- Please submit a blinded 200 – 400 word abstract electronically through the ASEE Conferences website for review.
- Provide a clear statement of the paper objective, the topical area, relevance to the Architectural Engineering educational community, a demonstration of how the proposed paper adds to the knowledge base.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to prepare a full paper for blind peer review and publication in the conference proceedings.
- Papers must demonstrate an appropriate level of scholarship and should incorporate solid research methodologies.
- White papers or papers to sell products are typically not accepted.
** All corresponding authors will be asked to serve as reviewers. Please update your reviewer status when you submit a paper.**
- Paper presentations will be assigned to either poster, panel, or presentation sessions at the discretion of the Program Chair.
- For more information, please contact the Program Chair: Rachel Mosier (Mosier@okstate.edu).
- Submit abstracts to the ASEE Conference website and specify ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING DIVISION.
- Submissions must be completed electronically, and due dates and times are indicated on the ASEE website (https://www.asee.org/events/Conferences-and-Meetings).
For additional information on submissions for future conferences, please contact:
Dr. Rachel Mosier, Assoc. Professor
Construction Engineering Technology
Oklahoma State University
570 EN, Stillwater, OK 74078
(Pronouns she/her, honorifics Dr./Mx.)