Architectural Engineering Division of ASEE
Thanks to all who attended last years Annual Conference and Exposition (virtual) July 26-29, 2021.
Plan ahead for this year's in-person conference to be held in Minneapolis, MN June 26-29, 2022. Find out more at ASEE.org.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Architectural Engineering Division presentations and submission of abstracts for the 2022 ASEE Annual Conference opened on October 11, 2021.
ASEE transitioned to a new paper management software, different than what was used in the past.
Papers on the following topics of interest and themes were sought:
• Diversity in the Construction and Architectural Engineering Professions
• Gadgets and other props for Engineering Education (LowTech or HighTech)
• Mathematics Instruction for Construction-Architectural-Civil Engineering Students
• Attrition and Recruitment of Architectural Engineering Students
• Structures and Structural Engineering Education
• Construction Engineering Education
• MEP/HVAC Education
• Sustainability and/or Integrating LEED content/certification into learning outcomes
• Interiors in Architecture and Architectural Engineering coursework
• Instructional Strategies for B.I.M., Digital Design and Design Visualization
• Assessment of architectural/engineering courses, programs, instructional methods
• Innovative new courses or teaching methods
• Cooperative efforts between education and industry
• Integrating research and design
• Co-ops and Internships
• Capstone Design Projects
For additional information, contact:
Dr. Rachel Mosier, Assoc. Professor
Construction Engineering Technology
Oklahoma State University
570 EN, Stillwater, OK 74078
(Pronouns she/her, honorifics Dr./Mx.)
Log in to ASEE to review your status: https://www.asee.org/.
To learn more go to: https://www.asee.org/about-us/types-of-membership/individual-membership
The Architectural Engineering Division installed the following officers at the 2021 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition virtual conference held July 26-29, 2021:
Division Chair: John Phillips / Oklahoma State University
Program Chair: Rachel Mosier / Oklahoma State University
Secretary: Eugene Kwak / Farmingdale State College – SUNY
Treasurer: Rania Al-Hammoud / University of Waterloo
Webmaster: Filza Walters / Texas A & M
NEW! You are invited to participate in an NSF-funded in-person workshop with the goal of creating a shared vision of the next generation learning-centered environment for AEC education, which requires a systematic understanding of the relationship between humans, learning, and technology in varied social contexts.
This event will be a two-day in-person workshop that will take place on June 24-25, 2022, at Minneapolis, MN. The Venue for the workshop will be the Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, situated across the street from Minneapolis Convention Center, within walking distance to the bustling Nicollet shopping strip and in the heart of downtown Minneapolis' corporations and entertainment.
There is no workshop registration fee for selected participants. For full consideration, please register using the following link by April 30, 2022. The organizing committee will review applications on a first-come-first-served basis and notify applicants by May 15, 2022. Registration link: https://lsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9YTLlotvmnMIVTM
Please contact the organizing committee with any inquiries to the
Dr. Yimin Zhu (Chair), Louisiana State University, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Amir Behzadan, Texas A&M University, Email: email@example.com
Dr. Amirhosein Jafari, Louisiana State University, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org