Join us for an NSF supported interactive, design-focused workshop aimed at rethinking engineering education at Hispanic-Serving Institutions. During the workshop, you will:
- Be introduced to three educational ideas that will help you examine your own beliefs about engineering education and its contexts.
- Explore opportunities and challenges related to applying these and other educational ideas at your institutions.
- Use these ideas to develop a prototype of an educational innovation that you can implement upon returning to your institution.
- Continue to reflect during the prototyping process on how we can support the future of engineering education at HSIs.
- Receive a $500 stipend for completion of all workshop activities and a chance to apply for a $1000 travel stipend for the ASEE Annual Conference.
This workshop will be offered at the following locations:
- The University of Texas at El Paso – March 29-30, 2018
- The University of Miami – April 26-27, 2018
All engineering faculty with teaching responsibilities at HSIs are encouraged to visit our workshop website for details on how to apply: eel.utep.edu/HSI
Applications will be accepted beginning February 1, 2018.