The Biological and Agricultural Engineering (BAE) division of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) invites abstracts and subsequent papers for the 2022 ASEE 129th Annual Conference & Exposition being held in Minneapolis, Minnesota from June 26 to June 29, 2022.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative strategies and/or technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Integration of diversity and global issues in the classroom
- Design experiences in the curriculum
- Student recruitment, retention, placement, and first-year experiences
- Service-learning and experiential learning
- Extension engineering education
- Best practices for ABET
- Educational issues relevant to the Food, Energy, and Water Nexus
- New trends in Biological and Agricultural Engineering education
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the classroom
- Pedagogical strategies for remote and hybrid teaching and learning
The division accepts abstracts for:
1) Completed Paper. The criterion for a Complete Paper is that it represents, at the time of draft paper submission, work for which available results can be analyzed to yield supported and significant conclusions.
2) Work in Progress (WIP) Paper: A WIP reports on work that is still in the process of study and/or implementation for which results will not be available by the time of draft paper submission, for studies where the results are as yet inconclusive, and for studies at an early to intermediate stage for which authors are seeking feedback from the community.
For both tracks, an abstract must be submitted, and if accepted, a paper will be requested for peer review. A submission to the WIP track must include the phrase “Work in Progress” in the title. The division highly encourages submissions from members and non-members who have not presented at previous ASEE conferences, particularly for the WIP track.
The division also encourages proposals for a panel session or other special format technical sessions. The proposed topic may fall under one of the topic areas listed above or maybe something different of interest to the division. One potential special format is 5-Minute Work-in-Progress Postcard Session in which the authors of WIP papers pitch their work with a two-slide (back and front of a postcard) overview in five minutes or less. Attendees will have the opportunity to provide feedback and discuss the presented work during a group discussion or a gallery walk. If you have other ideas for a panel or special format technical session, please contact the program chair.
Abstract submissions begin on October 11, 2021 and will continue through November 8, 2021. All abstracts and papers must be submitted electronically via ASEE’s paper management system. You will be able to find submission deadlines, required formats, and other information via the main ASEE website: www.asee.org.
For questions and comments, please contact:
Youngmi Kim, Program Chair, Biological and Agricultural Engineering Division